YOU CAN REQUEST ANY TEXT YOU WANT ON THE TAGS YOU ORDER FROM US
Note: I have given this subject a lot of thought. If your cell number is on your pet’s tag the finder of your lost pet will call it. If your pet is missing you will be “on the edge of your seat” waiting for a call. Conclusion: Your pet’s name, and cell numbers are really all you need to get your lost pet back quickly. On our own pet’s tags we list the pet’s name, my wife and my first names, our cell numbers and our vet’s number.
CollarTag™ Pet ID Text Formatting:
- All tag text is centered, top to bottom, left to right.
- Less lines of text will result in a larger font point size.
- Tag text in engraved in UPPER CASE for easy readability.
- If you can enter a given character it is in our font set.
- If you cannot enter a given character it is not in our font set.
Regarding the Text on Your Pet’s CollarTag™:
Bottom Line First:
We engrave whatever YOU FEEL will be most beneficial to the finder of your lost pet in their effort to contact you.
You can key any text you want into any text line we offer. Whatever you key into the tag text fields on our site will be on the tag(s) you receive from us; we do not do any data entry here to fill your order. We download the actual text you key into the tag text fields on our site and use it to create the text on your Pet’s ID Tag.
Our standard format is illustrated in the photo below.
NOTE: This is not necessarily what I would recommend that you request to have engraved on your Pet’s ID Tag. Personally I feel cell phone numbers are of much more value than a street address. A person who finds a lost pet is likely going to have their cell phone with them and will call the phone numbers on its ID Tag in the order they are listed. They will not need to call a chip company. Conclusion: Cell numbers are really all you need to insure you will get your lost pet back as soon as soon as a person comes across it.
- We offer 5 lines of text on the 5/8, 3/4 and 1 inch wide collar CollarTag™ sizes. The mini size has a limit of 4 lines of 14 chrs. each.
- We do not engrave text on the backside of CollarTags™ because the back of them is against the pet’s collar. However, to achieve more information you can install two or more CollarTags™ on the same collar.
- You may want to list several phone numbers instead of an address, you may want to have your vet’s name and phone number engraved on your pet’s tag. It’s you call, key what you want into the tag text fields.
- We do recommend that you avoid listing your last name after your pet’s name, this is obvious and will only serve to require the text on the pet name line to be smaller and more crowded looking. Also note that zip codes are of no value to the finder of a lost pet, they are not going to write you.
NOTE: You can also transfer license and rabies tag information onto a second CollarTags™ and thus eliminate the need for any traditional hanging tags – rabies and license tags are not attractive.